Aurel Malo, CHRL
DiBrina Human Resources
Aurel Malo is an experienced senior manager with an extensive background in all facets of Human Resources management, labour relations, negotiations, and administration. Aurel has held senior positions with the Sudbury Regional Hospital as Vice President of Corporate Services with responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources and Support Services, and with the provincial Ministry of Northern Development and Mines as Senior Manager of Human Resources. He possesses strong Human Resources and business knowledge, skills and abilities. He has led several complex system changes, including several components of the merger of the three acute care hospitals in the Sudbury Region.
Aurel has worked at a strategic level developing community wide recruitment and retention initiatives for health care professionals and led several strategic and business planning processes.
Aurel has worked as a strategic advisor and contributor to Senior Management Teams and has provided advice on matters related to human resources, labour relations, strategic planning, and French Language services, to various Boards of Directors.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Led the development of a new salary administration program for all non-union employees at the Sudbury Regional Hospital. Highlights of the program include a competency-based level of work architecture for all management employees with linkages to pay for performance, leadership developments and succession planning.
- Led the Sudbury Regional Hospital’s Business and Strategic Planning processes with Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Chair of the Sudbury Human Resources Action Group responsible for developing and implementing city/region-wide recruitment and retention strategies for attracting and retaining health care professional for the City of Sudbury.
- Successfully negotiated the consolidation of 19 collective agreements to four (4) resulting from the merger of the three Sudbury hospitals. The negotiations involved the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and the Ontario Provincial Service Employees Union (OPSEU).
- Member of the Ontario Public Service employer team for central negotiations with the Association of Management and Professional Employees of Ontario (AMAPCEO).
- Represented several different employers as Chief negotiator for collective agreement bargaining.
- Member of several focus groups responsible for providing advice and developing the Ontario Public Service and Ontario Hospitals Association negotiation strategies. Member of the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines Head Office recruitment team during relocation from Toronto to Sudbury (over 300 vacancies).
Aurel holds a CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation as well as an advanced Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution. He is also fluently bilingual.